Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Getaway..

Assalamualaikum..
We were back 3 days ago from our short Getaway.. since then.. busy with the load of clothes from the trip and what's left from the house..mengunung tinggi..
My house is still in one piece the time I left and came back. What's important.. my plants are still  alive...they watered them well. Since young I had taught my kids to clean their plates and mugs after used..no dirty dishes left anywhere. But,..never go near or enter their rooms... Woh!...bagai ribut melanda. I am  please anyway.. they took care of the house...thank you boys!

We have not been flying anywhere since Hb recuperating. We need to get away... at the same time testing Hb's endurance, especially the pressure and the hours being in the flight..then maybe sometime later insyallah, we could think of going a little further.
So... Singapore was the destination....less than an hour and alhamdullillah, Hb was comfortably okay with the journey. Like always my daughter was with us as our Chaperone *wink*.. who got the privilege to make choices for us..terseksa hati ku.

The Get away was planned... for relaxation, leisure walks, and to pick some titbits or minor shopping spree. As for a start with Hb's condition we would rather be in the urban area. Maybe next time with good health, time and money permit us, we will go somewhere quiet with nice scenery.. maybe Perth. Perth was the earlier place we thought...but as we know the heat wave at this time of the year is unbearable for Hb. Instead of sight seeing we might end up staying in our room...and it will be  torturing not only for my girl but for me, too.


The rate exchange is rather high 2.5 in Singapore. Some things if you know what to shop are selling much cheaper compared to KL. What amazed me most was the systematic roads and the convenient to the shopping arcade. Everywhere is so near by using the underground pass way.

We flew to Singapore on Wednesday and reached sometime at 2.30 pm at Royal Plaza on Scotts. Three nights stay and walking distance to the famous Orchard Rd. We had been to the Hotel some years ago *just the two of us* we love the place and the food in the Hotel is Halal.

Guess what happened when I stepped my feet out of the cab? Huhuhu..it was a shameful thing to remember. We took a cab to the Hotel, after paying the driver he took off ...I really thought I had left my purse in the cab. I was horrified and totally forgot where I was...calling out loud while running like orang gila towards the cab.  One of the Hotel potter *quite an elderly man, who did not look fit enough to chase after the cab...but he did with all his might. Only then, I realized my purse was placed in the other hand luggage. Looking at the man breathing hard and panting after the havoc I caused, I was so guilty...what else when he praised Allah *menadah tangan* many times. I would never forgive myself if anything happen to him. And each time I saw him again .. I wish to hide myself behind Hb..


Was the salad plate worth having when you know the breakfast was
 too expensive? Hmm.. anak ku.. told her to eat and fill her tummy full
and eat what you think it's worth the price...makan salad laa pulak.


And this too...


We also had Nasi Padang and other halal food at Far East Shopping complex just across the road.
Don't be surprise, I bought groceries at the supermarket, for as long as you know what are the things that are cheap. But not Clothes, like at Zara or MNG.. no matter how cheap the discount was, when convert it's still cheaper in Malaysia. Things like Perfumes are way cheaper than here. Our favorite, The International Roast Coffee is selling here at 25.60rm but in Mustaffa only $6.95, and Takashimaya 7.50 about 17.35 to 19.00 rm...see the difference. The Old Del Paso Chili, used to buy at Cold storage.. now, no sign of Chili but like Tacos and the rest still can be found in all Grocer.


Mustaffa is really big and everything is there..*mak dengan bapak yang tak ada tau* Remember Yardly brand? Yes, it used to be on our shelves many years ago..and you can get it in Mustaffa with label made in England..cool huh! So that's for souvenirs back home.

No kidding... the things we bought with good prices was there in front of our eyes..we cannot resist. Glad that we went to Mustaffa..was told by friends a place must go. I bought Mum Ice De Cologne 4711, this has been her favorite since she was younger.
Transportation by cab at any stop will take you anywhere you wish to go...no cheating by the cab driver as you can ask for the receipt and CCTV everywhere. Yes, everywhere even at any back lanes. What do you expect ya..it's a small Country.
No sight seeing as Hb preffered to be in air conditioning place...that suits me well!

Hb seemed to be enjoying his walk.. He was even stronger than me and kept pursuading us walk further ...alhamdullillah!
We had coffee at Starbucks a few times....it's only less than 5 minutes walk from the Hotel.
We Wandered around the shopping arcade looking at things and also comparing prices...macam laa dekat Europe. I never stopped thanking to the Almighty for giving the strength to my Hb the luxury of having the long walk around the City.

At *Fika* Swiss halal Cafe Arab Street



At Galeria..Oh..don't look down when you're on the exclator.



They both has the same passion..ice cream..
Look at them...always hugging.. leaving me behind.

Yes, that's the right women..
Enjoying the night lights..

Back to the Hotel to get rest..
Boy! he sure look tired, but when you asked him..
his answer was always 'I'm okay' 

And making coffee anytime we like.
My legs were extremely painful but I don't understand why the two people still strong especially that Hb of mine...hehe



The Holiday was over like a split second and we finally flew back to our beloved Malaysia where my sons were waiting for us. Tired...but lots to remember..

Till we meet again..insyallah.
Adios...

5 comments:

  1. Hi sis...
    Seronok nye bila on holidays tak kira near or far.
    A good therapy to release stresss...but u must have the money money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leeza..
    Memang seronok dapat pegi Holiday..
    Holiday does mean you have to spent a lot of money..
    Go for a cheap one..OR makan aje angin.
    I pegi pun tak banyak belanja. We only looked for
    bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. assalam Iha
    I assume your battery is fully charged to face the new year :-)

    I always love to go to Spore (sementelah Spore is just a stone's throw away from JB my hometown). I suka keadaan bersih dan penduduknya yang berdisiplin (wpun kadang2 bila depa masuk Msia, it's a diff. story altogether, ahaks).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wkmslm CS..
    Belum fully charged..charging as the N. Year just started.

    I pun suka Spore..n setuju apa yg u katakan..berdisplin tapi bila masuk Msia, dia pun jadi macam Malaysian..btul tak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Common bribes ineluctables homogeneous level to do something. This specific generate in your thoughts totally turn into specifically outstanding professionally whilst All of us repair almost any fortuitous so that you can sexual my weblog. buy royal jelly

    ReplyDelete