Monday, June 10, 2013

Selecting the right Menus

Aslamualaikum..
I love not only sharing my menus as a Foodie, and  rambles from my heart in this space of my blog .. but haven't got the right mood to do so. Firstly, menganti puasa at the last minute making me too lazy concentrating with my laptop. Secondly, with my iPad  spending more time on Instagram but can't update my blog with it.. Thirdly, busy looking for healthy recipes, hehe. Fouthly, household to attend to...that never ends.

Tonight's Open Fast Menu..

 Pasta cooked with Spinach, Baked Chicken and Salmon and Mashed Cauliflower with 
Yogurt sauce and a little chopped garlic.

I started to slow down with my strict diet..  Aah! already coming to 2 months. Well, the menus are still healthy, I hope. Just once in a while craving for this addictive drink...

Lucky me, McD  a stone's throw away from my house
Latte with no sugar
Not that we practiced unhealthy food during the past...but, always prefer food that is easy to prepare, be it Malay or Western menus. And sauces I would always go for Yogurt. Frying, trying my best to minimize it..instead, I love baking food a lot. Rice was not so favorite, as my two kids are very conscious on starchy food and they eat very little rice, except for me, Hb and my eldest son.. We would eat almost everything...*wink* They say, rice can make you fat and high on Carbohydrate. Hmm, it all depends on the cook, apa yang di masak you like it or not 'Makan aje' And since, I was fasting, I prefer a little rice or anything with Carbs to give me strength for the next day.


Soba *made from Buckwheat* with some greens topped with Yogurt sauce
and baked chicken.

 

While the Kids and Hb enjoyed  Ciabratta Chicken Sandwich.


Another menu for my bukak Puasa, Mince Beef with soft Taufoo cooked with Tauchoo and
Assam Pedas Ikan. Greens, must have.

And this too.. Kerabu/salad daun Pegaga with chicken, masak Singgang Ikan
and Prawn Curry... with rice.

This  is my greens for sahur at 10.30 pm

And...

Something simple for Hb dearest for his lunch..
Parpu telur *his favorite* and masak kicap Ikan

With Friends at a Wedding in Bora Ombak Ampang last Sunday.



Picture above, on my left is Groom's mother Salmah.
A wedding with  Balinese concept..

Cheers and take care, have a productive week.
Adios..

4 comments:

  1. Must be different n nice the Balinese style of wedding kann....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Salmah married an Indonesian...I like Bora ombak, nice place for wedding .

    ReplyDelete
  3. akakkkk masalahnya right menu akak ni amatlah menyelerakan! right menu tp klu makan byk2 ok takk? mihmihmih

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yong..ya ke menyelerakan? Huh, apa apa pun jgn la makan berlebihan. Setelah Kenyang berhenti. home cook we know is healthy. Kak Iha suka beno cari or google new recipes...nak kelainan.

    ReplyDelete