Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Desire for Food is the greatest Human Weakness..


Haish.. not that I am not aware of what I have done to my beautiful figure, hehe.. it's the desire, the crave and the get together, have made me from 57.. 58 going 60 kg.. Adoii!! But at the same time loving every bit as a Food Lover. I know it is not new to me, was born to like it...was taught to enjoy and appreciate Food. Well they say, desire for Food is the greatest human weakness.

I baked the best Yogurt Raisin Bread for dinner yesterday
(recipe by Yatt Maria)

Fried Salmon, Smoke beef and fried veges.

Talking about food in these Century, Food has becoming a Lifestyle.
Nowadays, we have Food Channels on TV and not to mention plenty of Cooking Magazines to pick. And Chefs are more or less alike Celebrities...they have their own shows with identities, and even kitchen Wares has their name on it. So, how to stop loving Food? Almost impossible...
I remembered those days, nobody ever bothered in what they beat their eggs in(dalam besen ke or any mangkok) and baking cookies using the lid of a pot. Not anymore in this modern days, we have nice colored bowls, all shapes of baking tins and we even have Kenwood, Kitchen Aid and many more selling in the shops.
Cooking with styles! is what you see in Food channel...which I love watching and also dream to have all those utensils. Each time I was at Bangsar I used to wonder at "Pantry Magic Kuala Lumpur" you'll be mesmerized at what's in store. They sells baking pans, and almost all utensils in all colors. What also impressed me are their collections of Tea Towels, Mittens and Aprons. I love to have them..forget the big bucks, you have to pay for the price lol!.
All that has becoming an in thing, beautiful things with beautiful prices.

My dull green *Sri Muka*


The usual simple menu for dinner.

As I was writing about food, melalut entah kemana..to save my beautiful figure (perasan je) I have to eat in small portion gitu.. like the French. Obesity is far less common in France compared to some other European countries. We can take lessons from their eating habits. First, we could begin by serving less food in order to eat less. Eating slowly will help us better taste and savor food, creating more pleasure regardless of how much is eaten. So, since I had written such long paragraphs on Food issues.. Well, let us all especially ladies, do what is best for our figure/body..insyaallah.

*Soto* for lunch on Sunday.

A craved to be quenched by food..



Meanwhile.. Today, Tuesday 21st Feb.
We had lunch at Shogun Pyramid Sunway with Kak Faridah and Abang Fauzi.

I had started to behave.. eating with proper manner, slowly and savoring the
food with pleasure..ahaks!


To end this entry..Do Stay healthy!!
Adios..

7 comments:

  1. Couldn't be more than agree with the tajuk... dengan makanan memang lomah den, angan2 nak diet ke haper mmg berkecai habih... but nowadays, like you said, makan2 has become the lifestyle, dulu2 mana ada yg amik pot sgt ngan JJCM ke, way of cooking dis and dat, la ni, dah jadik trend, blogger masakan pun berkembang pesat cam cendawan tumbuh wat org drool over food je, bila ada je gorjes food cam pavlova sana-sinilah org demam pavlova, tetiba macarons, sana-sinilah org sibuk nak mkn macarons, then red velvet, and list goes on an on... dah, cemana nak eat healthy2 yek? (and I know that I have to shed kilos-kilos lemak in my body haishhhh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam..
    Yong, we are in the catergory yang mengikut trend hidup skrng..tak nak ketinggln.
    So, kena2 lah berwaspada... jgn ikut rasa nanti binasa, kalau ikut hati.. mati. Huh Yong, pilih mana satu nak2..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam sis Iha, tersenyum-senyum jadinya Ratna ketika sampai di-terminal barisan terakhir penulisan, setuju 200%!

    Seperti gambaran dari sis Iha mengenai "Art de Vivre à la française" aka "Savoir Vivre" secara Peranchis sememangnya menjadi sebagai model bagi yang prihatin mengenai pengambilan makanan juga tata-cara adat istihadat peraturan/etiquette itu namun bagi Ratna sudah dikatakan oleh Nabi Muhammad SAW bahawasanya makanlah dengan sederhana jangan senak sampai diulu hati dan jangan membazir, tapi ya sis Iha, dengan terbuka nya muka dunia ini dengan pelbagai jenis makanan dari setiap sudut dunia yang luas ini dimana sekarang tidak perlu ke-sesebuah negara itu jika trigin merasai itu dan ini karena sudah ada dinegara sendiri, gimana mahu di-tahan perut jadinya harus berhati-hati-waspada nanti berat badan jadi naik dan naik ...

    Gimana pun adore dengan semua masakan darinya sis iha, seperti biasa berbintang-bintang!

    Salam manis manis madu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. assalam Iha
    You tempt me with those foodies camanalah I nak insaf? Ishh..blame you pulak ek?

    My weight pun dlm kategori yg tak berapa mengiurkan :-(
    Namun I cuba jaga pemakanan dan cara makan (kadang2 sengaja makan tengah malam just to accompany my hubby who just came back from work..).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam Ratna..
    Rat..apa2 pun tentang cara makan/etiquette memang org Peranchis tersahur kan. Dan betul kata Rat, Nabi kita mengalakkan makan cara sederhana dan tidak membazir.



    Salam CS,
    Really..I temeptd you? Itu belum lagi I jamu you..

    My body dah berat, semput bila naik tangga. Tapi kan..I brisk walked tau dlm 2 minggu ni. By the way, bukan tak boleh makan..makan semua but moderately, gitu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam...
    Pandainye awak buat kueh sri muka...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam.. welcome to my blog, hehe..
    Actually, I was never good, but checked thru the net, tried a few times, ok lah kut.

    ReplyDelete