Friday, June 15, 2012

Back on my feet again...and Cuttoo Get together.

Aslmkm everyone and Happy Friday..
Alhamdullillah after about a week rest, I am back on my feet again. Two days selesaikan my Puasa.. quite a number more days...still! I didn't mind the hot sunny weather but my cough/phlegm had been disturbing me during the daytime making me restless and dehydrated. But that did not stop me to be a Chef in my own kitchen..as I had taken a long break during the flu.

Here, I have uploaded a few food photos during the whole week..

Our dinner tonight, Yee mee with Chicken
Days ago..

I made Masala Prawn with Okra and Chicken soup
 Hb loves indian food so I decided to make Masala prawn and Okra *bendi* using the Masala curry powder. It has lighter and sweet taste compared to the normal Rempah kari powder. 

And later that evening I cooked Assam Pedas Ikan Pari.. bila berpuasa memang nak makan yang masam atau yang berasa.

Vanilla Baked Custard Pie for dessert.
Well, there must be dessert for Open fast, right..I had been wanting to make this dessert..but always thought that it's quite a mess making the crust.
I was wrong, it's very simple, and tasted yummy. Hb loved it, it's not sweet so you can eat it with Jam  or with sauce.

And this was for Hb, no jam, just plain custard and a little bit taste of sugar from the crust. So, it's suitable for Diabetes. He said I should do it again and with different flavor..I think I shall make pumpkin or chocolate as for the custard.


A simple Beehoon Goreng..
 Beehoon is always been my favorite. Especially when cook in chinese style. I love cooking the vegetables half cook so that when I eat it crunch in my mouth. Hmm..sedap!

Looking yummy! and so as the calories kann!
Spagheti with Tulang cooked in Tomato gravy.
When I made this Daging bertulang that cooked in Tomato gravy,  will make the kids bertambah2 mangkok. It has a special taste when you add Daging Bertulang instead of chicken.. I was trying to control or taking food moderately.. Hmm, I did eat this favorite food but only 2 tablespoon full..Alhamdullillah cukup!

On Tuesday, Hb and me went to 'The Curve' as I needed to use my Metrojaya's voucher that will be expired on 30th June.  Tekak masih belum pulih  completely..tapi nak makan yg berasa. So we had lunch at Thai express. Ordered only two dishes with rice,..the food ..nothing special but it gave me that satisfaction with the Thai tiga rasa taste, manis, masam and pedas...Lega!

Mince Meat fried with black sos
kerabu mangga


Cuttoo Get together, Friday, 15th, June.

I was supposed to finish my 3days Puasa but had to take a break for this Get together. My, I would never miss the world with my friends especially when my dear Kak Shidah is the Host. I wondered where did she get the energy after months preparing the 'talk about' Wedding just less than two weeks ago. And this time as a Host of our Cuttoo Get together. Well, she is always surrounded by friends at anytime. One jolly person that you could never be bored to be with. And will make you wonder what's the deco/arrangements is like for the coming makan2. She would do something that will always make you remember..that's Shidah!
 The Cuttoo get together is more of our meet up once in a month...Erk! not to mention the breakfast and what not. We started more than 15 years ago. And still going strong until today. Well, it's not actually for the money but just to be together. If we meet up outside at Cafes, we normally 'Go Dutch'...no pressure for the person who gets the money that month.
Unless, someone with the money willing to spent us..then Alhamdullillah!. But sometimes, we would do it the house more relaxed and more food. Especially me, I don't have to leave Hb for so long.
But Hb is such a sport, when my friends are concerned. He knows they are always there for me in times of happiness and sadness. It  makes us closer...and every month we get to celebrate someones birthday during the Get together.



Steff, with her Birthday Cake

 Yes, not for display but you can pick your cup and saucer!
You see how creative Kak Shidah is..

 The main dish Laksa Johor


 Ok peeps, hope you enjoy the photos.
And like always.. thank you for  visiting me today.
Have a productive weekend with your love ones..
Adios..

6 comments:

  1. Loving the get-together!!
    Nampak sangat meriah and everyone looks so good
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx Muna...It's nice to hear from you!
    As you know yrself, we love company and makan2.
    Lepas tu complaint badan naik mengembang.

    Life has to be filled with laughter and little love kann..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam sis Iha,

    Alhamdullillah syukran kepadaNya, bahawasanya sis Iha sudah kembali sehat dengan sejahteranya juga tampak berseri-seri lagi anggun, disamping itu sudah boleh membayar puasa, dengan makanannya yang bertaraf Chef terulung, na' nanges jadinya... pabila menatap masakan dari airtangannya sis iha yang super yummy!

    Juga sudah berjalan bertemu sua untuk bersama dan beramai dengan Ratu-Ratu semua jadinya lengkap lah acara cuttoo get together dengan pelbagai makanan juga gaya deco dalaman yang menambat hati (sampaikan kepada Kak Shidah). Adore segalanya...

    Salam manis semanis madu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sis
    Glad that u r feeling better n enjoying life with ur friends.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wkmslm Ratna..
    Bila dah berumur agak lambat nak recover dari sakit, walaupun hanya flu.
    Alahai Ratna, masakan apa lah sangat..yg senang2 aje.

    Berkumpul dlm sebulan memang seronok..makan2 dan banyak cerita dikongsikan bersama.
    Oh nanti saya sampai kan dkt Kak Shidah.

    Dear Sis..
    Bila di rumah, dengan cara tak langsung melayan sakit..kalau keluar
    memang tak ingat pun. Apa2pun alhamdullillah, dah baik.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ideas that you have shared on this blog can be easily discussed on chat social network. It is blogs like these which make the writing world even more fun! best vitamins for male hair loss

    ReplyDelete