Sunday, April 29, 2012

Back in Hometown....

Aslmkm everyone...
After many months..we decided to go back to our Hometown in Perak.. we missed our Parents dearly and our siblings too..both sides, Hb's and mine. The plan was to leave awal pagi2, but ada saja yang melambatkan. Thursday, at 11 a.m we left KL and reached Perak around 1 pm.. We had lunch at my Mums.


 My Mum prepared macam2 lauk pauk, tak tau where to begin... she, a complete package,  is nothing strange to us and like most of us all..who loves cooking, gardening, nagging and etc..She never got tired with cooking especially. Mum likes to cook even at this age... masih nak masak untuk anak cucu, not easy for us to say No..But it's okay, anything that makes her happy. She is at her late 70's  has slowed down a lot...kaki pun kurang kuat. My Dad is bless with good health and good memory...,alhamdullillah..who never sit still, always has something going on in his daily routine. I think some of us gets the habit from him.... a handful of things we love to do..tak ada kerja cari kerja.
My Aunty Wan Chik and Ayah Chik were there when we arrived and my sister Leeza came later. She brought some food..so we had plenty to eat.

Our Tea


  My sister Leeza look slimmer... Is that me?
  I need to do something...I look so bloated!!

 My niece Ida's twins...tomel and so adorable!

There was no picture of my Mum and Dad... refused to be photographed...not presentable at that time *according to Mum*
I always find it difficult to leave Mum and Dad's house when there's so much to share, but our visit had to be shared with Hb's side pulak..At my in laws, my M.I.L was having a nap while F.I.L was so glad to receive us at the door. S.I.L and her Hb were still at work. Compared to mine Hb has a small family..2 sisters and he, being the only son, his elder brother passed away long time ago.  Hb's family is rather quiet, while mine....  riuh rendah and when we meet, not a moment of silence...always so many things to talk about..and it's always interesting.
 This time we decided to stay on our own since it's more convenience as Hb is not well.. rather sad.
Before we checked in at Regency Hotel... situated in the heart of town we had dinner at Padang Polo..



Ahaks! Ya, that's what I ordered..ABC, Sup Tulang meehoon and Popiah. Fifa had Tomyam and Mee Rebus Tulang for Hb *no photos taken* Hehe, I  was back in my Hometown lol! Ordered my food in my own dialect..happy bebeno!!
Once done with the checked in..I was really knocked out and had my beauty sleep as early as 9.30pm.

Next day..
 Having some precious time with Hb's parents until late Noon... we visited my Sister Teh at her house..no photos. We spent chatting for quite sometime,  catching up for the time we had missed. I loved her Plants, especially her Orchids..blooming beautifully. I can't wait to get my hands on my Orchid once I get back..*gathered some tips*

Dinner..at my sister Leeza's house..

 
 I adored this spot..

Was having a splitting headache..but 
for my sister's sake, I would never have the heart to say NO..
dinning at her lovely home.


 My B.I.L Dato Yusof with Hb..
I was touched.. they were hugging each other,
like they have not met for years...

Hmm.. Look at the selection of food my sister prepared..

Chicken Pizza and Mee Mamak


Let's see, what's her Dessert...

Caramel Pudding and Chocolate Mousse

And...

Upside down Apple Cake

 Although tired with driving and drained out by the hot weather but it was worth the effort...Syukur Alhamdullillah. Tiada harta yang lebih bernilai selain dari Kasih Sayang daripada keluarga..

Just a reminder..
What makes a family? Love....
 To love one another, to give your time, be a good listener, be patient, be grateful, be helpful to one another and never put your family before your business...

Adios...

9 comments:

  1. Salam....
    home sweet home tempat membesar lagikan dikenang ye tak, look at mum's cooking, mak never fail masak sedap2 kt anak2 kan? lucky u masih ada both sides, kita ni hanya ada 2 moms lagik, blk kg pun jarang sian kt deme
    P/s padang polo tang ipoh ka? rasanya tak pernah sampai

    ReplyDelete
  2. assalam Iha
    Kalau nak komen pasal makanan atas meja, mau makan 3 hari 4 malam, hehe..
    OMG, rezeki melimpah ruah, alhamdulillah.

    Bestlah dpt balik rumah own parents, kita jeles taw *sambil monyokkan muka*

    Your family memang ada gene twins. So insyaallah you pun akan dapat twins cucu. The two sweet ladies yg duduk rapat2 tu, auwwww....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wkmslm CS..
    Banyak kan makanan... We got the suka2 masak from our Mum..
    Memang seronok,tapi kalau selalu tak dapat layanan best..
    I tembun, you..takut! Bila dpt makan tak sedar diri.



    Wkmslm Yong..
    Alhamdllh syukur both parents masih ada lagi.
    Ya, memang dkt Padang Polo..1st pegi situ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam sis Iha,

    Teruja rasa perasaan ketika menatap segala peragaan hidangan penuh diatas meja dirumahnya Ibu&Ayah sis Iha juga dirumahnya sis Leeza, sudah berkurun tidak merasa bermakan ramai seisi keluarga secara begitu namun sudah ada penawarnya...

    Keluarga yang harmoni pasti dilingkari oleh kasihsayang yang luhur sekali, alang kah bertuahnya sis Iha.

    Salam manis semanis madu.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalammualaikum...
    What a short trip...tak puas jumpa awak. Hoping u'll stay longer the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wkmslm Ratna..
    Sememangnya perkara biasa bila sesekali pulang sambutan dr keluarga. Sudah hampir 5 bulan tak pulang..
    Saya rasa Ratna pun mesti lebih lagi disambut dtg jauh dr Peranchis..ya tak.

    Alhamdullillah Ratna, saya mempunyai ramai keluarga, seronok berkumpul, tak kira dimana..memang suka merai'kan sanak saudara.


    Wkmslm Leeza..
    2 days consider lama lah tu..insyallh we meet again..
    You..dtg pulak KL..

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam sis Iha(rasanya kena address kakak kut :))..I miss masakan kampong Perak...hubby org sungkai..tapi since mother in law dah tak ada..dah tak dpt rasa semua tu..the only masakan perak yg I tau masak rendang pedas perak..hehe...suka masuk sini tgk makanan dan ank dara sis Iha yg cantik ayu...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wkmslm Eni..
    Terima kasih kerana menyingah.. Memang tiada bandingnya dengan masakan ibu.
    Masyallah, anak dara saya sederhana saja..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I'm
    quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage - laser cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete