Saturday, August 13, 2011

Feast Fit For A King


Salam Ramadhan....
I must admit that this Ramadhan, I was feeling very very lazy, lemah longlai and with my perut still bloated with gas. The sofa at the living room was like my second bed. That each time, I thought of resting but ended in Dreamland..
Cooking? Oh yes, made extra effort for my family this Ramadhan. I loved to see them having the Food that I cooked.

Friday, we celebrated Hb's birthday. The kids decided to get Food for Iftar at any Restaurant that Hb requested. They had suggested Meatworks Solaris but Hb insisted on Arabic's Kabsa rice. Actually, Meatworks sounded good for Meat Lovers for a change tho, but the Birthday Boy is crazy over Arabic Food. They went as far as KL city at Andalusia Arabic Restaurant to get the food, as we all know the traffic was bad during this Ramadhan. And meanwhile my other son Syafiq bought Papa's favorite food 'Murtabak Singapore and some Satay. Oh yes, not forgotten the loving wife had baked him 'HummingBird Cake' This is a moist Cake. Well, it has a strong banana taste, a combination of bananas and crushed pineapple and Pecan Nuts. I had been wanting to try this recipe, it's one of the current favorite cake.
To Hb, Happy Birthday, Love...*smilling away broadly*

Now, let's see the pictures below and how my kids had spoil their Father.


Don't you guys think, that this Feast Fit For A King?


Lamb Kabsah

And this is Lamb Kebab..


Meanwhile...Two Menus from Nigella Lawson's Book some nites ago.

Roast Chicken with Greek Yogurt Sauce. Awesome!

Vietnamese Beef Noodle..Hmm, Yummy...

Caramel Steam Cake. My forever favorite cake.


Well, I do hope you get to menjamu mata with the Food above.
Adios Peeps!

2 comments: