Monday, November 28, 2011

Food Galore..

Salam Maal Hijrah .....Bismillaahirahmaanirhim..

Monday morning with Scones served for Breakfast. I prepared them around 7.30 am. Selepas subuh, I could not sleep.. So buat apa yang patut. Since my niece Izian Naziha spent for the weekend I tried to entertain her the best I could. We know, she misses homecook *study at MMU Cyberjaya*
For lunch yesterday, I fried Salmon with Parsley sauce, fried Vegetables and lemak fucuk and tahoon *macam tak kena je* In the evening, my girl Fifa, had an assignment with friends at Bangsar, so sent her there while we had Tea at Plan B, Bangsar Village. Malam, Hb and me ada Ceramah at our Surau while my two boys had something on and we let the two girls had dinner outside.

Our Scones for Breakfast. with black cherry Jam and egg Mayo fillings.

Yesterday's Lunch. Salmon with Parsley Sauce.

Izian Naziha

Tea at Plan B, Bangsar Village



Last Saturday...
It's Food Galore this Weekend! My Sister Teh came on Saturday after a long week taking care of her newborn Cucu at Sri Hartamas. Dah letih menjaga cucu nak relax pulak with her daughter Izian at my house. I had planned bakings for the family this long weekend, then my sis called, bagus jugak ..just cook a little extra. I put on my Apron and my Chef Hat *tong tang tong tang* and Wallah! my food was prepared according to plan. Satisfied! when I got to serve and cook rather than to buy outside food. But that depends on the Mood kalau tak stress...huhu. My Sister went back to Ipoh the next day leaving Izian at my place...promised to sent her back to Cyberjaya.
I made Carrot Cake *hb's request* Quiche, Roti Gebu ku, and Roast Beef...oops, and Salad Pasta. Beli sikit Mee Goreng and Naan Bread. Elaborate kah?...Ok lah tu.



Carrot Cake, and Mushroom Sauce for the Roast Chicken

My Roti Gebu and Quiche
Pasta Salad


The recipe below is specially requested by Yong Kamariah
Happy trying Yong..

Buttermilk Scones (Nigella Lawson)

500g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp castor sugar
50g unsalted butter
25g soft vegetable shortening
300 ml buttermilk
1 egg, beaten for an egg wash
1 x large baking sheet
1 x 6cm fluted scone cutter

1.Preheat the oven to 220 C/gas mark 7 and line a large baking with with baking
parchment. Put the flour into a bowl with the bicarb, cream of tartar and sugar.
2.Chop the butter and the vegetable shortening into pieces and drop them into the flour.
3.Rub the fats into the flour - or just mix any old how - and then pour in the buttermilk,
working everything together to form a dough.
4.Lightly flour your work surface. Pat the dough down into a round-edged oblong about 4cm
thick, then cut out 6cm scones with a fluted cutter.
5.Arrange the scones fairly close together on your lined vaking sheet, and brush with beaten
egg(to give a golden tops) or not, as you wish. Cook for 12 mins, by which time the scones
will be dry on the bottom and have a relatively light feel. Remove them to a wire rack
to cool, and serve with clotted cream and Jumbleberry Jam.


Allhamdullillah!! Thank God for given me the ability to communicate and share some of the Menus to those who are interest especially to my dear friends. No matter you love blogging or you're browsing through.
Have a wonderful long weekend with your love ones..
Bye, bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Iha
    Salam Maal Hijrah ...

    Food galore? Huwaaaa... cemburu to the max nih! Semua yang ada atas meja tu beshhhh belaka. Dont mind my asking this soklan kepo ya? You ada Chinese/Japanese blood ke?? -CS-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiya!! Tada langsung woh. Maybe, from my father side, Bugis Indon. But nyway my sister's hb is half chinese, that's why my niece Izian ada nampak chinese kan..

    CS, I love to cook when ada yang memakan, only time2 long weekend to lah I bersilat. Kalau tak my food either I n Hb makan luar or I masak very2 simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam maal hijrah kak.

    TQVM for the recipe, hari2 berangan baking scones tp tak lepas2 angin kompiden itew, akak buleh wat label tak kt resepi tu? next time senang nak klik kt link bila dtg angin kompiden tu, ada sikit malas nak salin laahhh hahaha.... you cook many hebak2 dishes, klu tak keberatan share the recipe n buat label (suka2 ati je kan nak soh org buat kan heeee). anyway, dah byk dah ngetest resipe Nigella tu ek? sodap2 nampaknya ateh meja tu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam Yong..
    Insyallh, akan ku buat link utk resipi ku...tapi entah tak bila, hee.

    ReplyDelete