Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Garden Blooms and the colorful recipes..


One of the things that make me smile and ease my stress of the day.. is my Plants. A few days ago my Shooting Stars blooming with pride in my backyard garden. The plant comes from Datura's family, scientific name? tak tau...tapi suka2 panggil Shooting Star. It's purely white in color and over a few days the color changes to a nice light buttery yellow. You don't see it much around here..betul tau, tak tipu. I guessed people don't fancy it as it take quite a long time to flower. When it starts to, you see the bud pointing to the sky like a Shooting Star. That's what I love about this unique flower. If you go to Cameron or Genting Highlands you'll see lots of this plant along the way..of course bigger than the one on lowland. I adore this one, tho I have collected a few Daturas but this one is very special to my heart. I am still looking for more of this species.


Purely white, when it starts to bloom. The buds is like a shooting
star, don't you think?

Color changed to Butter cup yellow within a few days.


Below is also a Datura that I have in my garden.

Also, known as Brugmansia or Angel's Trumpet.

Now that I am pleased with my plants, oh, attending to my garden everday, since Maid Anik has got Sore Eye, already 8 days..sob, sob. So, I am the temporary maid for awhile. Daughter? just started her new Semester, last Monday. Busy? ok, can cope as Anik is not the type that taking advantage or curi tulang eventho sakit. But, I let her rest most of the time. During the weekend, I had a few invitations, House Warming, Neighborhood gathering and Garden Party *3 yr old kid's Birthday, hehe* But not one that I remember to snap..photographer sedang bersosial!!
Anyway, last Friday we had Cuttoo Gathering at Bamboo Restaurant in Summit, Subang. Ten of us attended and we had early Chinese New Year Feast, treated by...none other than Steff.

But first, got to share my dinner tonight..
Homemade 'Popiah'

The preparation..

Done! ready to serve..



And.. some nights ago dinner for Hb, easy life huh! Poached Eggs and Toast and Sup Tulang with Beehoon.





Cuttoo Get Together, 6th Friday.



Adios..and thank you for visiting me today!

2 comments:

  1. yuhuuuuu... eh tu bunga loceng tak... yg selalu nampak kt Cameron Highlands tu... wahhh boley tanam kt bawah ni yek? tp versi yg kt atas tu gebadak punya beso bunga dia tu...shooting stars, nice name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yong,
    Memang rupa Bell, but bukan dr bell family *memamg ada bellflower*. This is Datura...cantik kan!

    ReplyDelete