Thursday, January 5, 2012

The start of a New Day...


Salam 2012...
I spent my New Year, just lazing around the house and keeping busy with the usual routine. My daughter initially planned to go out with us for lunch or dinner on the 31st, but I said NO, the traffic was sure to be congested. I was right indeed! They said Subang Jaya was packed, bumper to bumper..it took one hour from Subang Parade to USJ 11.

To begin with for the New Year, what did I do or where would I rather be? Of course in the kitchen, Cooking lol! But Hello,... it's not menyeksa diri ok, I just love doing it for the family and and my guest... It's my pleasure. Well, name the day, and I'll cook you A meal, hehe.


I made Roast Beef with potatoes and pumpkin, Steamed Taufu and fried French beans. Hb and me had it with rice, while the kids just enjoyed the Roast Beef.. And I baked Fruit Pie for Dessert. Hmm.. nak puji sikit disini, memang delish!! No kidding guys. I added fruits like Pears, Apples, Oranges and whole tin of Cranberry sauce and sprinkle it with Lemon zest. Yes! it's 'to die for' gitu..And not always that we got to create our own pie filling that turned out SO GOOD! And pour a dollop of sauce on it..hmm..*wink*


And Monday 2nd Jan, morning, I made 2 parts of Scones, one with chives and the other with dried cranberries for my Mengaji class. Ya, this was my third times mengaji with my neighborhood friends. Begin at 8.00 a.m and ends at 10.30 am on every Sunday, subuh sangat tau.. but I enjoyed it very much and malu to say, happy when FOOD is concerned. Everyone are welcome to bring food. We were served Singapore Lontong that morning by the house owner.


Last but not least, the picture below was our breakfast this morning at Deli France Mid Valley with daughter while Hb at physio.

Eeee..no new resolution on self control for the New Year? Dare not make one, how could you resist such wonderful food!! Simple breakfast macam tu pun sodap..
Syukur, we are bless with good appetite..Alhamdullillah.
Adios..

6 comments:

  1. Salam sis Iha, adore sangat-sangat apa sahaja yang sis Iha sediakan lagi-lagi itu steamed taufu dan fruit pie yang super yummy, dari rupa paras sudah tahu pasti extra-yummyyy!

    Ratna rasa selama kenal personality muka diri sis iha (walau pun masihi baru) yang ceria berwarna-warni gemilang pasti suasana keadaan dirumah begitu manis sekali, iya kan "remark" Ratna ini!

    Salam manis manis madu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alhamdullh, Syukran pada Illahi menampilkan personality yang ceria membuatkan Sis Ratna rasa senang dgn saya..hehe Ratna, terima kasih.
    Ratna pun apa kurang, malah saya kagum dgn Pengipenny pie yang baru disiarkan..pandai sekali menghias dimeja..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuhuuuuuu happy new year! tang foodie tu mmg tak boley menahan lah tiap kali singgah sini, akak kena boh satu reso utk thn baru ni : recipe link kt blog akak boley? teheeee...
    p/s : i am sooo looking forward nak retire and gi kelas mengaji, dah makin umur banyak ni mmg kena dekat2kan diri ngan hal2 kerohanian cenggini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hohoho..Happy happy in everything we do for this New Year. (lain beno bunyi nya)
    Memang tak ada reso tahun2 yg lepas pun. Tak ada guna pun. Biar lah kesedaran dtg sendiri.
    Memang seronok pegi ngaji..jumpa kawan dan makang2..tak gitu.
    Nway, tak ada masa lah nak buat link recipe kat blog...tunggu.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iha
    Pandangan I tertumpu pada semua makanan2 tu. Your pie looks very countryish .. I sukerr!!

    You guna daging jenis apa for your roast beef tu? Lama tak nak memasaknya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam CS..
    The pastry memang sedap. Let me know if you want the recp.
    Daging tu has to be yang solid part (pejal). When cooked baru cantik potong.

    ReplyDelete