Saturday, March 17, 2012

Project..done!

Salam and Happy Saturday greetings to everyone..
I had a handful of things that I attended during the week.. Hb's usual routine and my 'backyard Garden' Well, I got carried away with the project. We had bad experienced with the contractor who claimed a professional, work wise not too bad..but a lot of miscommunications and the worst part was the delivering of materials to my house took longer than expected... a nightmare! Glad that it's over. Tho it's not 100% of what I dreamed it to be, but it's okay, I did a little make up here and there..

Laksa Lemak

I did not actually know what concept I had wanted the backyard to be. All I know I always love the outdoor table top with the surrounding area topped with Sandstones...especially in Red brown brick color..but ended in Granite grey.. Ahh! dull..but Hb insisted, to match with the existing sink tiles. Anyway, I have to make the best of it.....
Hmm.. after a while I tend to love it...the natural earth color.

One satisfied lunch..

The touch up needed a lot of energy.. why? getting some new plants, *herbs* and pots and stones and of course it needed to be carried and arranged here and there. Ya, we were occupied, me and the maid. Hb was excited from day one supervising the workers.

A tray sent to our bed by my princess for super...

I went to Sungai Buloh for the plants and had been out at the garden from morning till late noon.. With the excitement I had during the day without even thinking what it's like to be feeling in the night..My God! my body was crying with pain...lenguh yang tak terhingga. But when I wake up in the morning everything seemed to be different... the urged of being in the garden excite me again. Life has to be filled with things....especially the ones we love, right?

The orange color flowers is called Camsies..a beauty! The two small pots
is called Begonia for my Mum..she loves the plant. You can see Kantan,
Okra, Basil, Oregano, chilies and Brinjal *not in the picture*
I also bought Honey Sucker, white stella and Gardenia.

Pancake for Breakfast and Fried Mee for dinner.

In between the hard work at my garden I still did my usual sending and waiting for Hb. I went to Bangsar Village on Monday to do some errands and later stopped at Plan B. Well, after some thoughts, I came to term with me being at Cafes... how else could I be spending my time waiting. Shopping? imagine the price of things compared to one cup of coffee...err..and a slice of cake.

A cup of Flat White and traditional Chocolate cake

Our normal practice when Hb was well we love to have a cuppa at Mamaks and at cafes. However things has not changed...we still do our outing...only when I sent him for treatment I need to occupy myself for two long hours. And I guess, I am enjoying having my *Me Time* once a while.

This was Thursday lunch at Nyonya's House in Plaza Masalam Shah Alam.
A treat by Abg Fauzi and Kak Faridah.

It's rather late now, I need my beauty sleep, peeps.
Adios..Have a productive weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Salam
    the garden's looking great. love looking at those lovely blooms. so jealous tengok pokok bunga kantan tu :)
    can't wait for the weather here to get warmer!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam...
    T.q Muna, I was looking forward for the project to end.
    You know, to start with Pots and soil and then planting it..
    You too have lovely garden and nice beautiful plants, which
    I sometimes feels geram tak I cannot plant it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iha
    Salam...
    Ada peluang tak kita semua intai2 your new cooking area tu?

    I wish I have green fingers. Tanam pokok kari, kering. Tanam serai kering. Tanam pandan kering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wkmslm..
    CS, kan dah tunjuk kat atas tu..
    About the plants I beli ready made..tak kuasa nak tanam dr biji.
    Then you maintain like siram and bajakan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam sis Iha, adore sekali dengan kumpulan masakan hidangannya dari sis Iha, mega yummy semua! yang Ratna adore ialah semangkuk soup bertaburan dengan segengam dedaun ketumbar... apa kah nama masakan itu sis Iha?

    Juga tanaman berpasu bunga yang jelita sekali... gimana pun, apa sahaja yang sis Iha peragakan terus teringat IbuAndong Ratna... serupa sama gitu...

    Lama kelamaan... sis Iha akan terbiasa dengan perubahan di-backyard garden itu walau pun banyak yang tidak........?

    Bonne fin de weekend buat sis Iha seisi-keluarga juga salam manis manis madu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be satisfied with a lunch like that also! Your pictures are gorgeous and the food looks amazing. Thank you for stopping and my blog and inviting me here. I shall return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iha
    Dah tunjuk? You mean tempat you put your newly acquired plants tu is your new extended kitchen area eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam.. Ratna,
    Masakan lunch tu adalah tersangat lah simple bersoup kan Tom Yam.

    Mungkin cara terbawak2 org malaysia mengadun garden sebegitu rupa teringat Ratna keIbuAndong, ye tak.



    Hi Sandra..
    I am so glad to be having such creative person like stopping in my
    blog..looking forward for your next visit..thanks Sandra.



    Salam CS..
    Bukan cantik beno nak tunjuk..
    From the picture above you could see the Sandstone..ugly kan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salam kak Iha, kita sokong, kita sokong, nak tengok gek cemana ropanya extended kitchen tu, sandstone tu looks quite okaylah for the garden, happy planting yah!

      Delete