Thursday, March 29, 2012

Garden,Trinkets and Food!

Salam, everyone...
Life as normal...this morning, Hb's Physio at U.Hospital....no intention to go wandering around the Mall. I had my brekkie at 10.40 am at Austin Chase Cafe at The Gardens, and there I was relaxing.. watching people passing by. Fetched Hb at 12 p.m, and lunched at Hasrul November, Subang Jaya.. I skipped lunch...


Back home..took advantaged of the nice weather, raining heavily at early noon. Superb temperature in the evening that made me wanting to stay longer in my garden..I've been so cruel for neglecting them!! I added more soil in the pots, replanting and got them fertilized. It seemed half a day's work was like two days... carrying and arranging the pots with my Anik...

Cananga Odarata or Kenanga.

Gardenia

My newly bought Gardenia..
can't wait for it to bloom



Lime

Like any other occasion I would become more or less a Superwomen and not knowing the aftermath *body ached*. During the B.day party I enjoyed my time preparing my work peacefully without any disturbance until I would call for help from the members of my family, if I needed any... I do not like to be stressed out when I was doing functions. Organized and trying to be systematic such that NO chaos on the very day...especially the surprise one I did...where you had to pretend nothing happen. Preparation for my girl's party did not cost us a bomb...except for some Food, Chocolates for the cake n gifts and Teddy bears.. the teddy bears, got them at discounted price at Memory Lane.

The door gift, teddy, cute ehh!

Other than that.. all I could find in my house, like ribbons.. I had bundles of them when I was doing Cushions and embroidery years ago. Remember the Door Gift? Hahaha, it's only paper bags that I bought at Bagus cost me only rm9.00 for more than 20 pieces, I stapled it with ribbons and doilies. I had a good laughed when the sales person at Bagus gave me a puzzled looked when I brought the teddy bear into the shop and put it in the paper bag. He then showed me a nice paper bag with string and I shook my head. He must be thinking... sungguh kedekut perempuan ni! Well, look at the result, ain't it sweet, and CHEAP too.


About the flowers that I spread on the table.... my maid Anik dropped and broke the vase while cleaning the house, instead of getting angry.. told her to soak and wash the flowers, and later I displayed it on the table... Bits and pieces in the house can beautify your project if you know how to place it right and sure it will look presentable. ...learning to be practical.


And whether I am ready or not to be in the kitchen, here are some pictures of food I cooked.
Today's Menu...


Seri Muka Gula Merah for Tea

Tom Yam Mee Hoon for Hb and the Kids for dinner

Since I skipped lunch, I had Tom Yam with rice and fried French beans.


Yesterday's dinner..

Roasted Chicken marinated with plenty of herbs, Salad
and Mash Potatoes.

Bread Pudding for Tea.


The Night before.....
Can't get enough of Brushetta....



That's all for today, peeps....I can't get my eyes open wide...yawning all the way thru...
Goodnight and Adios....

13 comments:

  1. Achik, kawan mi ada buat business paperbag, door gift semua, mmg cantik but mahal gile. Actually can just buat sendiri like achik buat for birthday fa.thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam..
    TQ Mimi..Achik tak suka fikir senang.. I would always chek around
    intrnet ke or bks sebelum buat apa2..jimat dan kadang2 unique kan..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam.

    ur blog is so interesting! i bet ur life is interesting as well.
    tergoda nyer maya tengok brushetta tu.
    hope you dont mind if i link ur blog to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wkmslm..
    T.Q. Maya. well, I'm just a normal person who's trying to
    make my life colorful.
    U r most welcome, the more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam kak Iha,

    Bunga Gardenia tu bukan ke bunga Cina? tp besar gedabak plak tgk saiznya tu yek, (ke haku yg silap), bertuah akak ada idea kreatip bab2 nak buat door gift ni, mmg klu kita tempah sgtlah mahal giler, kenkadang a simple touch could produce a really nice outcome, dok gitu? ni saya ni tgh berkira2 ni nak wat besday dak Aleesya ni... rasanya nak buat sendiri gek tp tangan pesen tak baper kreatif ni tataulah hermmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Yong..
    Memang bunga cina..tapi cukup baja dan belain..hehe.
    About the party, cuba chek intrnet about paperbags/gifts or
    beli aje dkt Bagus.. ada dua saiz. Masuk aje knick knacks bagai.
    Food order je..alah Yong, hendak seribu daya tak nak seribu helah kannn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam sis Iha, nak nangies terus menangies tetiba dengan peragaan serimuka gula merah itu... manisan pujaan hati Ratna! mengapa lah jauh nun dihujung dunia.......!

    Gimana pun, sesungguhnya begitu setuju dengan cara imaginasi buatan paper-bagsnya sebagai doorgift itu, teruja sekali... creativity yang tulen dari yang bijaksana lah yang menjadikan rekaan dan ciptaan itu tampak cantik lagi berharga sekali.

    Limau kasturi... bungaan yang cantik mengembang mekar, sejuk tenang jadinya rasa perasaan ya sis Iha...

    Sis Iha bikin Ratna lapar dengan kumpulan peragaan makanan yang super yummy terutama sekali sepinggan besar Brushetta, yummy!

    Salam manis semanis madu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Ratna..
    Jangan la nangis..sedih saya dek kerana Serimuka..hehe.
    Kalau di hujung Kl, sanggup ku hantar kan..ini beribu batu.
    Rat, rekaan dtg bukan dr magic, kena lah ikhtiar mencari ilham, buku ke
    internt ke..ye tak.
    Brushetta bukan saja senang di sediakan, malah sedap kann.

    ReplyDelete
  9. salam Iha
    I akan berduet nangis dengan Ratna, sob2. Seri muka n brushetta, thumbs up!

    Tu pokok limau nipis or limau kasturi? You tulis lime tapi Ratna 'ingat' limau kasturi. Pardon me (selalu nak tanya untuk kepastian).

    BTW, kat mana specifically kedai Hasrul November at SJ tu?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wkmslm CS..
    Jgn nangis, you nak..nanti I tunjuk lagi ya,hahahh.
    To make it simple, Lime tu stand for limau *kecik*..tak tau kasturi ka nipis.
    You tau tak akasia? nampak aje akasia, turn to the right side..sebelah restrn Mamak. Nice kampung food n reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Iha
    Thanks for the info. Yup.. I tau Akasia, selalu juga kesana. On Friday ada jual beriani. Sedap!

    My next visit will be to Hasrul November. Nanti I nak bukak cafe I namakan Cafe July, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  12. weyyyy kedai Bagus tu tang mana? *opsss eh tetiba ayat cam kawan sebaya* wink wink saja nak bermanja ngehngeh....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salam..
    Dah pi makan kat Hasrul?

    Yong..Bagus ni menjual bahab2 kueh dan macam2 packing..dkt
    section 13 Shah Alam..belakang supermarket Hero.
    Google lagi senang, nnti dpt add.

    ReplyDelete