Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Great Weekend!

Last Monday to Friday, our routine were basically the same. The normal 3 times visit to Physio and our usual lunch outside. No morning coffee with my Kaki's on Wednesday but visited Yati instead, for becoming a first time 'Grandma'! Congrats Yati!(no pictures taken)

Come Saturday, we received news that my niece Jasmin gave birth to a baby boy 'Mukriz Malik'. I was in the middle of cooking lunch and preparing dessert. Hurriedly I was kind of *bersilat* in my kitchen. Well, nothing elabobrate, I cooked asam pedas tenggiri, masak lemak udang with french bean and taufoo, and fried cabbage. For dessert, I made pie *initially Apple pie, but I added assorted fruits, cranberry sauce and walnuts into it *so Fruit Pie lah!
And as usual *self Puji* Hmm.. nice crispy pastry, and the fruits combination tasted very yummylicious, sungguhhh!! He, he..angkat bakul sendiri.




Align Center
We had it with sauce

My niece Dira followed us to Pantai Hospital. Syazwan drove us there. At Pantai, we hang out at Starbucks waiting for Jasmin. We had to wait for nearly 3 hrs..no room available at the time.


At Starbucks. My two nieces Dira and Kamilia, B.I.L Nizar, and
my son Syazwan.

The proud family, especially Granpa and Granma.


Jasmin and her Newborn baby.

While Sunday Morning, I went to the Market with my maid. Going to the Market was rather stressful. Why? B'cos I hate it! The fishy smell, the slippery floor and also the crowds. When comes to choosing the fish was another big problem. Those days, I didnt even recognize what fish and their names...only sometime ago I started to tag along with hubby *nasib baik* Yes, Normally hubby did the marketing. He loved going to the market, and still do..but it's not save for him, sob, sob...
Once back from the Market, loads to be done...cleaning the fish and putting them in the freezer *everybody knows that* Today, I cooked very very simple lunch...Ikan bakar and kerabu paku plus one leftover food. But for dinner, I baked Foccasia and ate it with Tomato beef soup *minestrone* And dessert, Orange Chiffon Cake. Can't remember, when was the last time I baked it. What I like about this cake, is the texture. It's soo soft that melts in your mouth!








Orange Chiffon Cake


It's quite a tiring day, I needed some rest. I had been on my feet in the kitchen baking and cooking since *who knows when* But hmm, that's what I love to do...
Bye for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment