Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!



To All Mums, I'm wishing you "Happy Mother's Day!"

Before I was a Mom-
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom-
I cleaned my house each day and I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunisations.

Before I was a Mom-
I had never been puked on- pooped on- spit on- chewed on, or peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom-
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do test...or give shots.
I never gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom-
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put down.
I never felt my heart break into million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom-
Ididn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that somethings so small could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mom-
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 mins to make
sure all was okay.
I had never know The warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache,
The wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom

And remember that behind every successful woman....
is a basket of dirty laundry.


This Cappucino Cheese Cake was given to me by my kids.
Thank you, thank you from the
bottom of my heart!

We celebrate this special occasion only one day in a year. They say, everyday should be a special day for Mum. I do agree on that! But it's alright to me, tak kan nak beli cake and buy presents everyday. To me, once a year having to get gifts *ehem, kalau ada la..* or go out having special lunch/dinner with our kids is fine!
But, by expressing love and kind words and good deeds, helpfulness etc, etc... to Mum everyday, is the best thing we should do!!

With all my Love on this Special Day to All Mothers!!

2 comments:

  1. Happymothers day to u acik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mimi. Be a wonderful Mum to your kids! They will love back, insyallah.

    ReplyDelete